Oxfam's Extractive Industries Global Program works in 13 countries with local and international partners and experts. We frequently host panel discussions, international visitors, research presentations and participate in external events.
Check back often to find out about upcoming events we’re hosting, watch videos from past events and read our latest reports.
- December 6, 2017: Towards a Feminist Natural Resource Justice Strategy
- September 27, 2017: Fighting Inequality and Fiscal Injustice: Innovative Models for Successful Campaigning - Lessons from Peru and Beyond
- July 18, 2017: Let's make a deal? Learning from extractive industry negotiations with indigenous peoples
- March 28, 2017: East Africa Oil and Gas Conference: Has it gone bust before boom?
- March 23, 2017: Gender Justice & Extractive Industries: Setting the Change Agenda
- October 6, 2016: Buried Treasure: Improving Tax Collection in Resource-Rich Countries - The Role of Donor Aid
- September 19, 2016: Walking the Last Mile - Citizen Engagement for Better Local Government: Lessons from Ghana
- April 15, 2016: The weak link: The role of local institutions in accountable natural resource management in Peru, Senegal, Ghana and Tanzania
- April 7th, 2016: Peru: Extractive Industries vs. Indigenous Peoples' Rights to Health and a Clean Environment
- February 22-25, 2016: EITI Global Conference events
- January 12, 2016: Luncheon Briefing on Gold-mining in Haiti
- July 23, 2015: Report Launch Luncheon - Community Consent Index 2015: Oil, Gas, and Mining Company Public Positions on FPIC
- May 21, 2015: Expert Panel - Advocating for Good Governance: The Challenge of Empirical Evidence
- May 20, 2015: Brown Bag Lunch: A New IMF? Transparancy and Citizen Participation in Ghana's IMF Program
- April 21, 2015: Book Talk - the Looting Machine: Warlords, Oligarchs, Corporations, Smugglers, and the Theft of Africa's Wealth
- April 13, 2015: Book Talk - Magnificent and Beggar Land: Angola Since the Civil War
- March 21, 2015: Oxfam Honors Activism in El Salvador
- March 20, 2015: Extractive Industries and Civil Society in Latin America: Emerging Opportunities and Challenges
- October 14, 2014: Kenya's Oil Boom: An Agenda for Reform
- August 7, 2014: Three Years of Petroleum Revenue Management in Ghana -Transparency without Accountability (read the report and the presentation)
- March 27, 2014: Geographies in Conflict